THE 2013 NEW MEXICO NATIONAL TOUR
Welcome to the New Mexico National Tour for 2013. This event is the second of what the National Club Board of Directors anticipates will be many future National Tours. Because this is only the second National Tour, there is still a lot to learn, and the Board expects to discover much concerning those elements which contribute to a successful and enjoyable driving tour event. Based on our and (primarily) your experiences with this tour, the Board plans to update the guidelines package that has been prepared for use by regional groups considering hosting subsequent National Tours. By sharing your experiences (great, good, so so, and not so good) as well as by providing written comments, you can proactively contribute to the further development of these guidelines.
The following are a series of questions for which we would like your constructive comments and observations. Particularly helpful would be those observations about what makes a driving focused tour like a National Tour interesting and enjoyable. The information you provide will help future National Tours to become better.
Please send the completed questionnaire, together with any additional comments you would care to provide, to the originator of the concept:
North Central Director
11195 East Warren Ave.
Aurora, Co. 80014
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
2013 NATIONAL TOUR QUESTIONNAIRE
- What is your opinion of the basic concept?
- Were the number of days on tour
- Too many
- Too few
- About right
- Other comments
- How did you hear about the New Mexico National Tour?
- Was the advertising/information for the New Mexico National Tour and the related announcement material in the V-8 Times sufficient to get you interested? If not, what should be done differently?
- Was the mail-back/e-mail information provided in response to your inquiry sufficient?
- Was the actual registration process clear and easy?
- Was the tour package provided on-site (driving instructions, maps, directions, points of interest, etc.) useful and helpful? Are there additional information elements that should be provided?
- Were the planned activities
- Too much?
- Too little?
- About right?
- Sufficiently varied?
- Was information about other things to do (formal and informal) helpful?
- Would you prefer more or less free time during the tour (explain)?
- What time of year would you prefer for a National Tour?
- Driving your Club eligible vehicle is the prime focus for a National Tour. What is your reaction to the planned and actual driving experience?
- Route selection
- Scenic value
- Comfortable driving experience
- Length of driving time per day
- Planned miles per day
- Stops (formal, informal)
- Overall, what is the reaction to the touring experience?
- You as the driver
- Others in the vehicle
- Was the trip interesting and enjoyable?
- Did you experience a breakdown or other mechanical difficulty? If so, what kind assistance was needed or provided? Was it adequate?
- What do you like to do when touring in your Club vehicle?
- In what parts of the country would you like to see future National Tours?
- General comments for the good of the order
Again, thanks for providing your comments